So far, limited editions (also called collector’s editions) have been reserved for video games and high-budget blockbuster movies. Robert J. Szmidt’s latest novel is one of the world’s first, and by far the first Polish book which besides a mass market paperback edition has been also published as a luxurious collector’s edition with a print run of 300 hardcover copies, especially for the fans. The initial 222 copies are available to the characters in the novel whereas the remaining 78 copies are available to all and comprise:
- a hardcover book inscribed and hand-signed by the Author;
- an access card with a unique access code which enables you to obtain your free e-book;
- a book cover related t-shirt;
- a unique city map (Wrocław’63) size 850 x 570 mm with all the important places mentioned in the book;
- a poster by the Polish artist Robert Rajszczak, size 850 x 570 mm, made specifically for this limited edition;
- a custom-made box, just like the one that Metro 2033 board game has been presented in;
- plus a chance to become a character in the planned sequel.
The 222 fans, already depicted in the novel, are entitled to a premium version of the LE, featuring also:
- a unique “death” certificate;
- and a t-shirt with not only a book cover on the front but an additional customized commemorative inscription on the back, recognizing the fan’s participation in the project and his or her appearance in the novel.